Dr. Raghavan Srinivasan
Dr. R. Srinivasan, Ph.D., P.E., is a professor in the Departments of Ecology and Conservation Biology and Biological and Agricultural Engineering at Texas A&M University. Dr. Srinivasan is one of the developers of Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) and travels around the world teaching SWAT workshops.
Office: WFES 324
Phone: (979) 845-5069
- Refereed Journal Articles
- Texas AgriLife Research
- Books or Chapters Therein
- Conference or Symposium Proceedings
- Professional Meetings & Papers
- Ph.D. Agricultural Engineering, Purdue University, May 1992.
- M.S. Agricultural Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology (Bangkok), 1989.
- B.E. Agricultural Engineering, TNAU (India), 1984.
- 2015-present: Regents Fellow
- 2014-present: Texas A&M AgriLife Research Fellow
- August 2000-present: Director of Spatial Sciences Laboratory, Texas A&M University (TAMU), TX.
- 2004-present: Professor TAMU and Texas AgriLife Research.
- 1999-2004: Associate Professor, TAMU and Texas Agricultural Experiment Station (TAES).
- April 1999- July 2000: Assistant Director of Mapping Science Laboratory, TAMU, College Station, TX.
- 1998-present: Adjunct Professor, School of Rural Public Health, Health Science Center, TAMU.
- 1996-1999: Assistant Professor, TAES, Temple, TX.
- 1992-1996: Agricultural Engineer and Associate Research Scientist, TAES, Temple, TX.
- 1989-1992: Graduate Research Assistant, Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN.
- 1988-1989: Graduate Research Assistant, AIT, Bangkok.
Honors & Awards
- 2014-2015 Regents Fellow Service Award
- 2015 College of Agriculture Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award, Purdue University
- 2014 Vice Chancellor's Award in Excellence for International Involvement
- 2014 Texas A&M AgriLIFE Research Faculty Fellow Award
- 2014 College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Dean outstanding Achievement Award in the category of Interdisciplinary Research Team "Bacterial Source Tracking Team"
- Honored with Docteur Honoria Causa from Paul Sabatier University – Toulouse III, July 2013.
- Recipient of the 2012 Norman Hudson Memorial Award from the World Association of Soil and Water Conservation for the development and world wide application of SWAT.
- Vice Chancellor's Award in Excellence in recognition of outstanding contributions and performance as a member of a research team for 2001 (Soil and Water Assessment Tool Team).
- Awarded Scientist of the Year at Blackland Research Center, 1998.
- Nominated for the U.S. EPA Region VI Environmental Excellence Award by Governor George W. Bush for efforts in managing nonpoint source pollution, 1997.
- Selected for the 1994 summer program in Global Climate Change by Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology, CA, 1994.
- Recipient of the Ismail Interdisciplinary Program Doctoral Research Award, Purdue University, 1991.
- President, ALWDP (Agricultural Land and Water Development Program) Club, Asian Institute of Technology, 1988-1989.
- New Zealand Government Scholarship, AIT, Bangkok, 1988-1989.